Friday 9 October 2015

Yummy Pumpkin Cookies!

I am lucky to be a part of a great program, where I get to try new products for free!  As a BZZZ Agent I recently received a package containing a Venus Swirl Razor and a canister of Venus with a touch of Olay Violet Swirl Shave Prep Cream.  Now, I must confess, I have always used store brand razors, the cheaper the better I thought.... and I have always just used soap to lather.  I was so surprised at how great this razor was!!!!  It doesn't pull on your skin at all, gets every hair and is so easy to use, I went to get a second one for my daughter, who is just starting to need to shave.  And the shave cream?  I stand corrected, what a difference it makes!!!  I suggest you check these products out, I am sure you will be glad you did!!! #gotitfree

 Now that I have that off my mind, let's get to cookies... I know, everyone out there is pumpkin crazy right now, but I am pumpkin crazy all year!!!  In the fall, when pumpkins are inexpensive, I always buy 4 or 5 fresh pie pumpkins to roast and then I freeze them in 1 cup servings, so I always have fresh pumpkin puree for baking!  I will be posting directions for this process in a few weeks.  :)    These cookies are just lovely... they have a cakey texture, which is a nice change, they are not too sweet, so the delicate penuche glaze is just perfect!  I swapped half of the butter for greek yogurt, which made them almost guilt free!  I happily packed these in my daughters' lunches, and they happily ate them!  :)  I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! 
I also always bake cookies on my pizza stones. My cookies bake perfectly, every time. Simply place your stones in the oven while your oven is preheating, scoop your batter onto parchment paper and slide the paper onto the heated stone.  Perfect.Cookies.Every.Time.

To Make Pumpkin Cookies with Penuche Glaze, you will need:
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt, unflavored
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour, spoon and leveled
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Penuche Glaze
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp milk
  • 3/4 to 1 cup confectioners sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  If using pizza Stones, place in oven to heat with the oven.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, yogurt and sugars together until light and fluffy.
Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
Drop tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on parchment paper, remove stones from the oven and slide the cookie sheet onto the stone.
 Bake cookies for 12 minutes, until golden around the edges
Transfer warm cookies to cooling racks.
Cool cookies completely and frost with glaze.

For Glaze:
In a medium saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbly.  Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute or until slightly thickened.  Beat in the milk, blend in the confectioners sugar until the glaze is smooth and spreadable.  Using a silicone basting brush, lightly brush glaze on top of cookies.
 The glaze hardens fairly quickly, so keep the saucepan on the stove on the lowest heat to prevent it from hardening.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment